Monday, January 26, 2009

NIKE - MISTAKES & NOBLE GESTURES





So yeah, most of the time I post kicks on the Street, it's because I'm usually feeling them and feel they're cool enough to share so others can go partake in a purchase or mutual interest. But this post is about some ideas I'm not rocking with. So I love Air Jordan 1's...the strap idea, not completely sold on it yet. Now I thought it would be cool to do the A Tribe Called Quest versions from an artistic standpoint...but as you can see above it is a complet FAIL. The effort was there, but I'm not feeling it. The "Gucci" inspired Denim Dunks are okay to me. But if you're going to be inspired by a luxury line, then a more premium look should've been used. The denim with the red and green seems kind of blah at best. I like the idea of Nike doing an Air Force 1 dedicated to Black History Month...but I feel the shoes are very normal looking. Of course the color scheme is right, the bag is dope...but it looks so generic and borderline ugly. Dah well can't make us all happy I guess. But you guys might be feeling them, let me know.

0 comments: